Website Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp.
Position: Public Relations Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Public Relations
Experience: Minimum of 4 years
The PR department at the Nashville CVC is responsible for the national and international media efforts for Nashville’s tourism industry, and for ensuring that our brand message is correctly delivered. The Public Relations Manager will report to the Vice President of Public Relations.
• Writing (press releases, press kits, web copy, etc.)
• Respond to information queries from media
• Work with individual journalists on itineraries and story ideas
• Plan and host domestic and international group press tours (5-7 per year)
• Assist with media at NCVC events (including Music City Walk of Fame, July 4 and New Year’s Eve)
• Edit and create Media Lists
• Liaison with hospitality industry and PR Dept.
• Identify content for social media team
• Support Vice President on projects as needed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills with an attention to detail
• Ability to build strong professional relationships
• Proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
• Ability to keep information confidential
• Understanding of what makes a good story for journalists
• Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
• Ability to see how day-to-day tasks fit into a bigger plan
Minimum of 4 years experience preferred.
Email your resume along with a cover letter to Heather Middleton at email@example.com. All questions and inquiries must be submitted electronically to the email above.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org