Leading & Self-Managing Through Adverse & Ambiguous Times
September 23, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Learn how to stay level-headed and to function at optimal capacity in a fast-paced, high-tech world as decision-making is getting faster.
About this Event:
In our fast-paced, high-tech, ever-evolving world the speed of change and decision-making is getting faster, the level of competition fiercer, and adversity, ambiguity is striking harder than ever. As this is the current and future state of our world, it is imperative that people stay level-headed and focused to effectively function at optimal capacity. The ability to be that stabilizing influence in a world of constant disruption can provide a true competitive advantage and determine the long-term success of any individual and company.
The audience will realize the following benefits from this session:
• Discovering what occurs in the brain during adversity and how to transfer decision-making to the rational, productive areas to eliminate emotional, non-productive reactions – both personally and with others.
• Learning about emotional intelligence and its critical importance in building resilience and perseverance for overarching success.
• Pinpointing personal triggers and responses to adversity so they – and their teams – can overcome them and leverage them to their advantage.
• Discovering wise and inspirational insights and skills from highly successful individuals who have faced, overcome, and learned from adversity.
• Gaining practical, real-world tools, skills to learn from, grow with, and leverage adversity to create long-term sustainable success.
About our speaker:
Steve Gavatorta, owner of the Steve Gavatorta Group, specializes in empowering individuals and organizations in identifying, developing, and exceeding performance goals. Steve has had the privilege of coaching and training thousands of high performers across an array of industries. From small businesses on the move to Fortune 500 companies, Steve collaborates with organizations to build foundations, set goals, and eclipse their highest potential.
Steve is a Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst (CPBA) and Certified Professional Values Analyst (CPVA), a certified Myers-Briggs practitioner, and accredited to coach and train for Emotional Intelligence (EQ). He is a two-time published author, and his new book In Defense of Adversity: Turning Your Toughest Challenges Into Your Greatest Success won Richter Publishing’s Amazon Best Seller Award for 2018. Steve currently resides in Tampa
About our sponsor:
Excelsior College is a regionally accredited, nonprofit online college focused on helping adults complete their degrees and advance their careers. The college contributes to the development of a diverse, educated, and career-ready society by valuing lifelong learning with an emphasis on serving individuals historically underrepresented in higher education. Founded in 1971, Excelsior meets students where they are – academically and geographically – removing obstacles to the educational goals of adults pursuing continuing education and degree completion. Our pillars include innovation, flexibility, academic excellence, and integrity. Learn more at excelsior.edu.