Effectively Engaging the Next Most Important Consumer Segment: Gen Z
August 18 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
– Unprecedented Media: Gen Z consumes media channels unlike any previous generation
– Purpose Generation: Gen Z is the Purpose Generation and brands need to prioritize purpose in their marketing
– Engage, Don’t Market: Gen Z does not respond to traditional marketing and advertising. They want to be engaged
– Influence: The greatest influencers in their lives and on social media are their Gen Z friends
– Diverse: Gen Z is the most diverse and inclusive generation ever, and they are looking for that in brands they support
About our speaker:
Before authoring his recently released book, Engaging Gen Z, Mark Beal served as a public relations practitioner and marketer for more than 25 years, developing and executing public relations campaigns for category leading companies and brands around such major sports and entertainment platforms as the Olympic Games, Super Bowl, World Series, NCAA March Madness, US Open Tennis and The Rolling Stones.
He collaborates daily with Gen Z as a full-time professor of practice in public relations in the Rutgers University School of Communication & Information. Mark’s ongoing primary research of Gen Z has led to keynote speeches with the American Marketing Association, Association of National Advertisers as well as corporations, brands, sports leagues conferences and agencies.
It was Mark’s Gen Z students who inspired him to write his first book, 101 Lessons They Never Taught You In College, which was published in 2017 and his second book, 101 Lessons They Never Taught You In High School About Going To College, which was published in 2018.
Mark’s third book, Decoding Gen Z: 101 Lessons Generation Z Will Teach Corporate America, Marketers & Media, captured the attention of media, marketers and employers nationwide as the oldest Gen Zers joined the workforce and the entire Gen Z cohort became the primary focus of corporations and brands.
Engaging Gen Z: Lessons To Effectively Engage Generation Via Marketing, Social Media, Retail, Work & School is now available on Amazon.com.